The software is built using Jenkins automated build service. The software can be installed with an Software Updater Application or the user downloading each file by hand.
Windows Step-by-step guide
Software Updater Application: requires .Net 4.0
- Download the Updater Application
- Download the software update properties file: Windows 7 64bit
- Run the updater application.
- Click the select button and choose the software update properties file
- The dialog will fill with the files that need to be downloaded. A new folder will be created in the same directory that the Updater software is running. Select Run to start downloading
- If it was successful, all the items status will be Completed.
- Note the Backup_ directory. The updater automatically moves the old application files to the backup directory before downloading the new ones.
- Download and install EPICS for Windows http://www.aps.anl.gov/epics/download/distributions/index.php
- Add the EPICS for Windows install directory to your PATH variable.
- Press the Start button and right click on Computer and select Properties
- Select Advance Systems Settings (requires admin rights)
- Select the Advanced Tab and Environment Variables
- Under System Variables find Path and append the directory. Use ; as a delimiter between directories.
- The software is downloaded. Run uProbeX.exe
Self Download files (Windows 7 64bit):
Linux Step-by-step guide
Update Script: requires wget or curl
- Download the Updater Script
- Run the script in the directory you would like the files. terminal$ ./update_uProbeX_Linux64.sh
- Make sure you have EPICS base (http://www.aps.anl.gov/epics/download/base/index.php) installed and the bin directory is in your PATH environment variable.
- The script will download the files and create launcher.sh and launcher.csh. To run the application run either launcher shell script.
Self Download files (Linux 64bit): Download the following files into a directory.
- You may need to update your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the current directory. sh ex: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./:/usr/lib/
- Run uProbeX